As the circle continues to grow large in the industry of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, finding the best BJJ gi in 2018 or in the next few years might be a tricky hunt for many enthusiasts, who love the idea of collecting the best gis for training and competitions.
The list below consists of 5 best BJJ gis constructed to the highest quality and consistent in getting five-stars rates from real customers who have experience the products themselves. If you are getting ready for your upcoming sessions, you can definitely never go wrong choosing one of these Gis.
- Sanabul Highlights Professional Competition BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi IBJJF APPROVED
- Kingz Basic 2.0 BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with FREE White Belt
- Venum Contender 2.0 BJJ Gi
- Hayabusa Goorudo 3.0 Gold Weave Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi
- Gameness Air Gi – BJJ Gi – Lightweight Jiu Jitsu Gi
Tons of high quality BJJ gis are all over the internet feed and newer brands are also in force to making their way to the top. However, it doesn’t really matter which gi is the best for everyone as the decision always lies from the buyer’s preference and needs as a BJJ practitioner.
Sanabul Highlights Professional Competition BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi IBJJF APPROVED
If you have been playing this martial art for years, you surely won’t disagree about the fact that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners would probably first considere checking out the cut, style, durability, and quality of the gi in general. If you are among the majority who highly value the overall quality of the product before wrapping up your decision to buy, one of the best deals is the Sanabul Highlights Professional Competition BJJ gi, which is also IBJF approved.
- Very high quality especially for the price
- Great stitching quality
- Great style and looks cool
- Dries very quickly
- Fabric is extremely durable and light
- The ripstop construction in the pants is durable
- The top’s pearl weave construction is high quality
- Very heavy-duty that can withstand after long intense training on the mats
- Minimal shrinkage after washing
- Sizing runs large
Kingz Basic 2.0 BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with FREE White Belt
The Kingz Basic 2.0 BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi is well-made with superior durability, quality, and style. Purposely constructed to withstand intense training and competitions, this comes into view fully packed when it comes to its overall quality. In addition, this gi has already been worn by top athletes and champions, which also signifies the brand’s reputation in general.
We all are aiming to buy something worth our money and this one has got to be one of the best choices. Aside from the fact that it is 100% made of cotton, it is also built with a heat-resistant vulcanized collar, making your rigid training and sessions more breathable.
- Awesome quality
- Great fit and style
- Very comfortable
- Overall quality is superb for the price
- High quality materials used
- Very durable
- Sizes of jackets too big for some
- Sizing runs large
Venum Contender 2.0 BJJ Gi
The Venum BJJ Contender 2.0 BJJ Gi is the second version made of the same brand – well-constructed to be more durable and comfortable than the first version. If you were able to purchase the first version, you have more reason to purchase the latest version. Like many other high-quality gis, this one is made of 100% Pearl Weave Cotton that puts comfort, durability, and strength altogether.
- Very comfortable
- Great quality
- Highly durable
- Great fit
- Perfect and timely
- Breathes very nicely
- Very soft yet keeps the strength of the Gi
- Different cuts than many other gis
- Lots of thread hanging loose
Hayabusa Goorudo 3.0 Gold Weave Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi
The Hayabusa Goorudo 3.0 Gold Weave is ideally recommended for all types of BJJ training and tournaments. The jacket comes with 550 gsm Gold weave cotton with augmented lapel and stress areas, while pants come into view with 12 oz twill cotton blend with augmented knees and stress areas. It is also designed to be perfectly durable for daily rolls in the mats, which is a good thing for Jiu-Jitsu veterans who practice the sports religiously.
- Softer than other Gis.
- Extremely durable, which means it can last longer than other Gis.
- Very high quality.
- Good fit, comfortable to wear, and stylish.
- Quite heavy and thick; might be a bit hassle to wear for some.
- Filled with patches and embroidery
- a little flashy Gi compared to many others.
Gameness Air Gi – BJJ Gi – Lightweight Jiu Jitsu Gi
The Gameness Ultra Light Weight BJJ Gi works perfect for intense training and competitions. It comes into view with 350 Gram Pearl Weave BJJ Top with 8 oz Rip Stop Gi pants and happens to be one of the most popular brands in the market. Being able to build a highly-regarded reputation in the industry where the competition is tight, needless to say that this one is definitely one of the best gis.
- Nice looking, great style
- Great quality, especially for the price
- Very comfortable to wear
- Very smooth and soft to wear
- Super light, but well-built and keeps the durability in general
- Reinforcements are all in proper places
- Light with lots of space to move
- Great workmanship in general
- Very sturdy but still extremely durable
- Sizes too big for some – runs large over time
- Sizing chart not on point
Now that 2017 is almost over, but you have yet to choose which gi to prepare for your upcoming training sessions and tournaments, start looking for the best BJJ gi set before your 2018 training goals start kicking off. You can use this post as reference before you make your decision final to buying your newest set of gis!
Get only the best BJJ gi brands that are proven made to the highest standards. In that way, it will keep you more comfortable while maintaining superior strength and durability. Knowing the fact that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is no less than an ordinary sports and consumes much of your energy while requiring total safety, you would never want to miss out the best benefits you can get from these BJJ gis.